The doctors and team at River Hills Dental want to ensure you that your health is our highest priority. We have trained and educated our team regarding COVID-19 and have enhanced some of our office protocols to ensure the highest level of safety and health.
As part of our normal daily operations, we continue to observe the following safeguards against the spread of disease. These are the standards that are in place every day at our office:
- Before you enter the room, all surfaces such as the dental chair, light, drawer handles, and countertops have been cleaned and disinfected with medical-grade disinfectants that kill 99.9% of all harmful bacteria and viruses, including COVID-19.
- Disposable protective coverings on equipment are disposed of and replaced after each patient visit.
- Non-disposable items such as tools and instruments are cleaned and sterilized between patients using hospital-grade sterilization equipment. Our sterilization equipment is monitored and tested on a regular basis.
- All staff involved in patient care use appropriate protective equipment such as gloves, masks, gowns, and eyewear when needed. After each patient, disposable gloves and masks are thrown away. Before seeing the next patient, everyone on the treatment team disinfects their hands and puts on a new pair of gloves and masks. This is called PPE or “Personal Protective Equipment” and this protects both the patient and the treatment team.
- We frequently clean and disinfect the lobby area and reception counter multiple times throughout the day, and are even more diligent today.
- Any River Hills Dental team member that is feeling ill is advised to stay home for the safety of our patients and other team members.
During this pandemic, we have added the following safeguards to further ensure your safety and comfort while in our practice:
- During this time, only patients will be allowed to go back to the treatment area. This includes children. Don't worry, children tend to do better by themselves. We will be more than happy to tell you how great they did once they are finished!
- We have implemented a “No Handshaking Policy.”
- Our staff will be screened on a daily basis as soon as they arrive to work. Their temperatures will be taken and closely monitored.
- We have made recommendations to our team so they arrive to work healthy and go home without worry.
- A River Hills Dental team member will be assigned to wipe down and disinfect all high traffic areas on an hourly basis. Again each treatment room is thoroughly disinfected between every patient.
- Plastic sheeting will be used in between the operatories, where possible. Plexiglass has been installed at the front desk to help secure that area.
- When confirmed for an appointment, patients will be screened for COVID-19 related symptoms and/or contact with people who have tested positive.
- When a patient arrives at the office, they will be screened again and their temperature taken. After this depending on the number of patients being seen, the patient may be asked to wait in their cars and receive a text when we are ready for them to be seen.
- Before coming back to the operatory, patients will be asked to use a hand sanitizer.
- Once in the operatory, patients will be asked to rinse with an antimicrobial mouth rinse.
What we ask of our patients:
- If you are sick, running a fever, coughing, or otherwise not feeling well, please reschedule your appointment and do not enter the office. We thank you for considering the health of others.
- Please use good hand hygiene and practice social distancing while you are in the office.
If you have any questions or concerns, please call the office at 507-452-9453 or email us at email@example.com